Today on the Skype tutorial, Adesola talked
about the year coming into itself and how it can be overwhelming and how we are
all sick of winter (apart from me I’m on a Caribbean cruise!) And how
especially the module two’s finding the lexicon of the course.
We all spoke about any queries that we had from
the course mine being about titling as appendix form two states we can omit the
work “Technique”. Helen went on to state that it is an opportunity to think
about the title of the award we want. If are research is “Inherently Embodied”
on studying a technique such as ballet, tap, contemporary etc. then the award
would state “ MA Dance Technique Pedagogy” or if we want to look beyond the
Technique for example a historical cultural development than the word would be
omitted. This really clarified this situation for me.
We discussed how process of entering into
academia it is expected to understand new vocabulary, which sometimes can be a
daunting prospect. I added to thoroughly let the word marinate into my personal
glossary of terms so I can become “A Reservoir of Knowledge” I have to
understand where the word derived form either Greek origin or Latin and how the
Dictionary really aids me with this. Helen also explained the differences
between Pedagogy and Andragogy the latter being how we teach Adults, Rose added,
“As an adult how I like to be taught - taking it further. And how Pedagogy is
the theory and approach or to cite the dictionary; “the method and practice of teaching, especially as an
academic subject or theoretical concept”
Adesola
addressed how we should be referring to the handbook and not to forget about it
in addition to further reading be it on research or personal literature. And
how the handbook is always their as a guide, I see it as our shining beacon of
hope! And don’t forget that big orange fish #BiteSizedChunks!
I’m observing we are all devolping our
Autonomy further. We are “Pushing ourselves to the next level” and “Were in
Academia now!”. Adesola also added that an MA is mapping (No pun intended) out
our geographical area and that if were to push to the next level a PhD would be
building our house. I found this Imagery helpful and “The research project is a
vessel of acquiring academia”.
We
finalized and concluded the conference call with a new date 6th
April 11:00GMT and we all need to start Linked-In special interest groups on
personalized interest (Mary and Amber -on
Male Dancers Development). It will be great to support each other on this I
have lots to contribute on this matter I did an AOL essay weaving in my
experiences on the subject and backing up my theories on a study by Dr Doug Risner at Wayne State
University USA Google his name and his thesis “Why Boys Dance” I think it was
called.
I went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter World this week in
Orlando I'm the biggest fan especially being a Brit in a heavily American company! And I saw a saying from on of the movies that I really relate to in the journey of the
Mapper:
“Broaden your mind use your inner eye to see the future”
No comments:
Post a Comment