Sunday, 5 October 2014

A PROCESS OF LAYERING

AOL’s

Think of yourself as a diagram on a big blank sheet of paper within a circle this is you, and you’re CV it’s all the same, all apart of your professional practice. You’re a practitioner. Around the circle you have spike’s coming out it’s a “mind map”, a “spider diagram”. What do you want to write an essay on? What occurring skills do you have? What experiences stand out think of your AOL’s, as I like to call them: "Job Description essays". When you have a CV you list your job description, your credentials, experience, CPD courses and so on. Then you back it up with the literature and evidence/illustration. My advice is to do whatever strikes a chord with you what your passionate about it will spur your essay on.

And then with referencing learn how to:
 “Cite them right!”. Buy a copy today!

It’s all about finding a process that works for you. The course is a process of layering. I spoke about how Module One is getting you ready for the up-coming modules, especially academic writing skills.

Find a process that helps you when I visualize new information, for instance when learning an abundance of choreography it sits with me quicker when I have a visualisation method. 

Refer back to the handbook week by week make notes, highlight and get familiar with the handbook its your friend a beacon of light. Look up people within the community earlier blogs we were all on Module One!

An image I blogged about is a "Three circle step" it really helped me try and find it! It's from the beginning of last term I think......!

It was a great idea splitting up the two groups as everyone had a chance to be heard. Also thank you so much to everyone talking about the artefact with me it really cleared up the factuality referring it back to my own perceptions on my own research of Jazz Dance and it’s roots.

Lastly here is my "Arc" doodle…. Don’t judge my drawing skills! Believe it or not my Father use to design aircraft!





This is for the module 3’s page 10 handbook.......

Each number represents the inquiry activity:
Opening Yourself Up

1)       Opening up to experiences
2)       Collection of field data
3)       Reading literature
4)       Critical review essay
5)       Artefact
6)       Oral presentation
           AND 7) ANALYSING EVERYTHING! (REFLECTION)



9 comments:

  1. Great post Jamie, you made me think about lots of things today after todays Skype.

    I am currently trying to draw up my AOLs and remember you told us you wrote one on choreography. Do you think I could make one on children's choreography? I am not sure which level you and/or others mostly work with, I teach only children (3-12 year olds) and only recently some ballet classes for 13-16 year olds (up to Intermediate level). I have choreographed several pieces and also three full length ballets (for children), so do you think this would be of any use for an AOL? Or do you think it needs to have a "more mature" level to be one? It is quite interesting to try to make something so big with "only" kids to work with. Do you (or anyone else) have any thought around this?

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, MA level credits in AOL form are that of professional experience you have achieved so yes you could absolutely do one on children's choreography. I take the viewpoint that it is highly skilled e.g. knowing what steps children can or cannot partake in. This is definitely worthy of MA level study. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helps, thank you for you answer! I will try to start writing then:) As evidence for this AOL, did you include video of your choreography? Do you think I have to include that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I submitted a DVD yes but it can be a programme, whatever you think is best to support your claim :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your answer. What is a programme? A written text that explains the choreography?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A show programme in the UK is what you get when people watch a show, a itinerary of events. It lists who is in the choreography and who choreographed it, probably called something completely different in Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this. I think I may be able to do an AOL on children's choreography as well as I've done quite a bit. Great to get some ideas. By the way Jamie when were you at Northern? I was there 89-92.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tamzin 2007 I graduated, loved the place :)

    ReplyDelete