Feeling a bit lost in a way after finishing Module One
I put aside a lot of time in the past two months to get everything prepared for
the hand in. And I feel I am in a bit of Module Limbo! I'm not ready to pick up
the next handbook! That and its probable I know I will have to submit more
AOL's at a later date as I feel I only learnt the correct recipe when it was
dinner time!!! (The Recipe being the AOL format and how you write it and
Dinner Time being the Hand in Date! - I have learnt from my learning I respond
most well to food metaphors!)
Also reflecting what I actually learnt in the past
couple of weeks and how I put it into my practise already without even
realising it! And how I will expand on this knowledge to utilise it in all my
future project management.
Thank you to Rose and Mary for commenting on my Aesthetic
blog it gave me context and other avenues to explore for the AOL..
How is everyone else finding Module Limbo?! I would
love your thoughts.
And good luck to the Module Three's wish I could be
their but I will be sailing round the Bahamas….!
Hi Jamie - thanks for your good wishes... I am sure you are doing everything you need to do and as we have you will get there. Happy sailing! Janet
ReplyDeleteHow strange Jamie, I too am at a point of 'no mans land'! I have, however decided to dedicate Sunday to reading through the next handbook. I'm feeling at a loss with no books to read or as you say AOL's to mull over and correct etc. Do you know when we are likely to get feedback re the module 1? I still have no idea of what my research is going to be...........................Help!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood talking on Skype (that was my first) - what a great way to communicate, I think I've been converted to something I feared!!
Hope you're doing well.
Thanks
Amanda
Feedback wise maybe the new term that starts in February? Research wise I have no idea what I’m going to do either Amanda! What I got from the Skype was that were doing an MA on ourselves so an area of research that were passionate/interested in and would be helpful to us in the future to “put it into practice” with our career.
ReplyDeleteI’m taking my Licentiates next summer so thought it be a good idea maybe to research the methodology of build-ups intermediate to advanced level. But also I want to be a choreographer so want to incorporate that somehow, as their will be a lot of reading involved so I know that would be really helpful to me to study the greats, expensive specialist books I probably wouldn’t buy if not embarking on the subject but know it would be beneficial! But I keep changing my mind so I guess we will see soon I’m sure we will receive guidance after they dissect our portfolios!
Hey Jamie,
ReplyDeleteYou must really be struggling with all that sun, sea and palm tree's, I am really feeling your pain. I have been a really nice well rounded relaxed person since hand in day and now I have started to wear my therapy beany hat again haha as I feel my panic and adrenalin rise with the thought of getting my head back in the zone and also getting module 1 back! I have also been trying to ask myself questions to pinpoint my area of research and think I have some ideas. I am really interested in the effects dance has on my students on the inside mind an body I suppose the psychology or science within dance...chemical changes? therapeutic dance? I think the science stuff as in endorphins, serotonin, pyschology etc that stuff might be a bit beyond me who knows, but what I do know is Dance is powerful stuff and can change lives. I have been trying to make contact with practitioners that work with special needs and dance and also try and observe classes of special needs children as all I have is my experience of teaching autistic children, and I just teach them as individuals. Luckily a friend is also doing a Masters on children with autism so she is letting me go in to her school. I suppose maybe creating a Inclusive framework to work from for all children that I could work from at Tap 'n' Groove could be an artefact? I just feel I need to be keeping all doors open. Its all a bit of a jumble at the moment. A state of limbo as you say. I also have been packing my home up of 11 years and its the Anniversary of my dads death so weirdly its all about new beginnings. I have read through the module 2 handbook but froze at the Tasks! So I had my main course but got full up when it got to desert! Hope to speak soon maybe on Sunday.